- Identifying and experimenting with coaching techniques and styles.
- Mapping a coaching process from identifying skill gaps to tracking development.
- Understanding behaviour drivers and competency development.
- Motivation and barriers leading to an understanding of the effect on skills and behavioural development.
- How to give feedback for maximum benefit to the learner as well as how to receive feedback.
Building a team
- Identifying team dynamics and shaping norms.
- Symptoms/presenting problems and core issues.
- Role modeling desired team behaviours.
- Measuring effectiveness of teams and team players.
- Extracting valuable information from observable behaviours.
- Getting team buy-in.
- Setting team values and vision.
- Reinforcing desirable behaviour (techniques).
- Implementing interventions to enhance team effectiveness.
- Introduction to mentoring: What is mentoring – roles and accountability of both the mentor, protégé and other stakeholders (e.g. Line Management).
- Being an effective mentor.
- Roles of a mentor – relationships, give information, facilitate, confrontate, mentor as a model and imparting vision.
- The mentoring process to be followed.
- Negotiating mentor relationship contracts (practical – “hands-on”).
- Implementation process.
- Mentoring as a training tool .
- Development plans – development plans are structured specific to the process.
- Understanding change, the change cycle and where I am.
- Emotive responses to change.
- Comfort zones and moving people out of them.
- Recognizing and managing barriers that hamper change.
- Developing a victor mentality.
- Understanding the power of the mind (subconscious) in times of change.
- Re-programming old pictures and habits.
- Creating new habits, patterns and reality.
- Building internal desire to effect change from within.
Leaders on the edge
- A highly interactive and informal experiential leadership programme that highlights leadership qualities and creates and opportunity for leaders to reflect on these qualities.
- The learning is video-based and taps into leaders’ past experiences, perceptions and viewpoints.
- Review and reflect, as well as internal group feedback.
- The facilitator creates a platform for constructive debate and discovering a variety of ways of thinking about leadership and making decisions about what to change.
- Development of leadership strategies.
- Integration into corporate culture.
Entry level management training: Visionary management
- Self-awareness (mbti assessment)
- Personal effectiveness
- The power of personal thinking behaviour
- Management functions – Plan, organise, lead and control
- The needs of an organization
- Organizational culture
- Various skills such as communication, conflict, stress, problem solve
- Manage meetings
- Performance mgt
- Building relationships
- Building trust within a team